Short CoursesThe Historical Development of Islamic Law
Examine the foundation of the legal schools through a historical analysis of Islamic law in the era of the Prophet, rightly guided caliphs, tabi’in, and the great imams. Explore the process of the development and refinement of a legal school and why following a legal school is the best option to implement Islam in your life.
The foundation of the legal schools
• Period 1 Fiqh in the Prophetic era
• Period 2 Fiqh in the era of the rightly guided caliphs
• Period 3 Fiqh in the era of the tabi’in
• Period 4 Fiqh in the era of the great imams
• The development of the legal schools with a focus on the Hanafi school
• The early history of the Hanafi school and types of scholars and books, and service to the school
• Can this “old” fiqh be used in the modern context?
At the end of this course, you will realise why the best option to implement Islam in your life is to follow one of the four schools of law.
Part Time (Non Residential)
Brothers & Sisters Age 18 +
Course Duration 6 Weeks